Children’s Easter Egg Hunt and Afternoon Tea
Tuesday 29 March
Please let us know if you are bringing children with you for the easter egg hunt and how many will be coming with you!
We hope you can come along and join in the fun!
A group of Forbury residents have been enjoying creative dance workshops each Tuesday afternoon with Rachel Freeman. Rachel is working with The Courtyard Theatre in Hereford. Our group members have been inspired to share their own responses in dance. Dancing has been with a wonderfully large light, floating ball, scarves and feathers and with a huge circle of coloured fabrics and a circular elasticated band which brought everyone together within the movement of the group. Themes have included dancing with bubbles, France and playing old vinyl records, having wound up the antique record player! Rachel has a wonderfully calming therapeutic effect and we are all looking forward to the rest of our dance afternoons with her.
Kaye painting cats, Peter, Ron painting a vase and candelabra for the welsh dresser themed canvas, Wendy choosing a picture to paint and Lucy painting an ornament with help from Dorothy.
Delia Smith’s simple Pancake recipe
Ingredients : (double if necessary)
110g Plain Flour, 200ml Milk mixed with 75g Water, 2 large eggs, 2 Tablespoons of melted butter, a pinch of Salt. Lemon wedges, sugar or Maple Syrup to serve
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it. Then begin whisking the eggs using an electric whisk.
- When the mixture thickens, gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture, still whisking (don’t worry about any lumps as they will eventually disappear as you whisk).
- Melt some butter into a hot frying pan. As soon as the pancake mixture hits the hot pan, tip it around from side to side to get the base evenly coated with batter. It should take around 1 minute to cook; you can lift the edge with a palette knife to see if it’s tinged gold as it should be and then flip over and cook the other side.
- To serve, sprinkle each pancake with caster sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice (or maple syrup) fold in half or simply roll them up.
Please have a look on our Forbury Newspaper page to read about the history and tradition of Pancake Day.
For more photos, click on our Gallery section…
Residents took part in a drama session with Emma, re-enacting the story of ‘King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake’. Pictured are : Julian, Pat, Carol, Muriel and Eric playing their parts. Click each photo to enlarge..